Saturday, January 3, 2009

From a Life of Excess


So it seems that the less you have to do, the more time you have to sit around and think of ways to spend money.  Suddenly it seems that everything in my new home needs some kind of repair and the curtains that I loved so much before, now, just won't do.  To combat what seems to be an inevitable spending spree, I've decided to take action:

It's time for a garage sale.  I imagine it is the only way to absolve myself from a previous life of excess.  Buying things I didn't love or need. Not  returning those duplicate gifts sooner.  And maybe the cleaning of the garage will clear my chi!  (And finance any home repairs I feel compelled to make.)

Oh, looking forward to being free at last from all the clutter.  The rest will go to charity.

I spent Friday cleaning the garage.  I haven't set a date for the sale, but it will happen.  I promise.

Behold the picture of the garage sale pile!!


1 comment:

  1. The greatest people come out for a garage sale. Last one I had, there was a woman there EXACTLY when it opened asking for costume jewelry. She came back three times before it was over. We told her each time we had no costume jewelry for sale.

    ReplyDelete