Monday, January 12, 2009

My Mind on My Money and My Money on My Mind


Let's be honest, who isn't thinking about money these days?  The rich are getting, well, slightly less rich, and the rest of us are just trying to hold on to what we've got.

For the first time since grade school, it's time to think about a budget, and not just as a means of learning math.  Rather than commit to Quicken, or Microsoft Money, try Pear Budget.  Right now, Pear is offering a free 30-day trial, with monthly service starting at $3.  Pear Budget can help you see where you are wasting your money and how you can apply it to the things that you really want and need.

Without a job, I've also had plenty of time to watch Oprah.  Last week, Suze Orman offered her new book, 2009 ACTION PLAN, in PDF form, free on Oprah.com.  I don't know about you, but I sure am hoping the 2009 ACTION PLAN tells us where we can buy those snazzy jackets Suze wears.

Spend wisely.  Live well.


1 comment: